Friday, August 11, 2006

Housekeeping


What to do? No more job, no school just yet, and I live at home...with a mother who has 6 kids. So, I've been put to work. I've helped redo the bathroom, clean out the air vents, and wash the windows (new appreciation for you, Mike!)but my biggest project was cleaning and re-organizing (or just organizing to start with) my room. I really don't enjoy housework kind of things, I usually just end up sneezing my brains out from all the dust that collects in the far corners of our house. So to keep myself from really losing it, I had to keep myself in prayer as I cleaned, and look for spiritual meanings as I dusted the cobwebs off the upstairs ceiling.
I thought of my own life, and how much I need to be cleansed of my sin and my self.
"Wash away all my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin." Ps. 51:2
"Create in me a clean heart, Oh God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Ps. 51:10
And how wonderful that He, through His love and mercy, chooses to hear our cries and respond to us when we desperately need Him. I remembered the time he healed the leper.
"Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. 'I am willing' he said. 'Be clean!' Immediately he was cured of his leprosy." Matt. 8:2
My room really looks great now (if i do say so myself!). It took about 4 days of throwing away, reorganizing, vacuuming, and dusting, but now it is a new functional space that has a new, brighter, more interesting look that better serves my needs.
"How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our conciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!" Heb. 9:14

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmen, that was very well written I must say and I love how you can relate the housecleaning to the Bible, I'd better write down all those wonderful verses. =) I cleaned my room too and well, I don't mind so much the cleaning, but I sneeze like crazy when dusting and I always would rather be doing something else. My room does look better, but we shall see how long that lasts. =) Now back out to my planting...I started a butterfly garden yesterday. =) I hope to see you soon! ~Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.