Saturday, July 22, 2006

Funny stories

So, here's a few real life experiences from the past couple of days:
My friend and I decided to go see "The Lake House". We were sitting at the mall, waiting for the movie theatre to open. My friend saw someone and commented, "Oh wow, look at her. She's such a pretty girl. I wonder why she dresses like that." Sure enough, a long, blonde ponytail, a fair, thin figure,...and really loose, grungy clothes. I was about to agree with my friend when grunge girl turned around. "Oh my God!" said my friend, "She's a MAN!" Yes, it was a man, but you really had to do a double take. Such laughter.
Then we tried to decide what kind of toy we each were.

Michon is a squeaky toy.













Dave is a wind-up robot.








Now, what do you think I was called?

Dave said trampoline. WHAT? NO WAY!
I refuse. Michon laughed so hard she couldn't think of anything else to say. Trampoline....that just sounds awful. Absolutely awful. I can't think of any positive way to spin that one.

Maybe I'm an action figure? Especially with that crazy new haircut after a windy day on the beach.

3 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger ckjolly said...

there's nothing cooler than a trampoline! be proud!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

Maybe i can get used to the trampoline thing. But Dave has reconsidered. He says I can be an action figure, as long as I'm the kind that switches from the "real person", such as Clark Kent, to "superhero". "am i that moody?" i asked. "Nah, you are just a paradox of humanity...there's so many sides to you." Okay, i can work with that one. Trampoline gives me no indication as to my personality...other than that im really cool (thanks christine!)

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Chris said...

trampolines are flexible, and everybody has fun when a trampoline is around.

Perhaps you could be an action figure bouncing on a trampoline?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.