Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Getting here


Greece at last! But not without an adventure getting there. Trans atlantic flight...middle seat...person in front lying back all the way...being 5ft. 10in...need i say more. Oh, and a layover in Paris. But on the flight to Athens, the fellow sitting next to me, Dr. Wei Fu, told me everything I never wanted to know about tea, coffee, philosophy, medicine, ect. Well, i am at least more educated for the experience! All that aside, I got here and got over the jet lag, which wasn't too bad. Next day....Temple of Posiedon on the Aegean and the beach. I have swam in the Aegean sea. Heck, I've stepped on a sea urchin in the Aegean Sea, therefore I bled in the Aegean Sea, but this did not prevent me from still jumping off a boulder into the surf, then swimming back to shore. Quite amazing, really. The next day consisted of the Parthenon, Archaeological Museum, and picking urchin spines out of my toe. Today...getting lost in Athens with friends, but using my lousy Greek skills and my friend's postcard as a map, we managed to make it back to the hotel. Now planning weekends...what do you think....Crete, Istanbul, Islands, or Mt. Olympus?

1 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Hey there nice read ur blog. Great luck to have to visit so many places thats my dream like but then u need to work a year to make a trip from here cos indian Rs are multiplied everywhere to make a $. Enjoy n keep it coming. make sure u come to india sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.