Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hi ho, hi ho, off to work I go


Yesterday was my first day of "work" at my father's office. He was generous enough to offer me a "job" volunteering with him and his partner. Since he's a physician and i want to be one too, it's a good opportunity to learn a few things and get a reference or two. And since i'm doing this instead of getting a real job, he's promised to help me out a little more. So that's cool. But somehow yesterday, I got stuck up at the front. Filing. And doing paperwork. That would have been okay...but for 5 hours... i continued to file and pull charts and put them back. Dad got some really exciting stuff...a little skin surgery, a patient that had to be rushed to the hospital...and i was stuck up front, filing away his notes. I found myself falling asleep...it's brainless work, which drives me absolutely beserk. Now i know why i want to be a doctor...so i don't have to file charts all day. Then the lady working at the front desk talks to herself. All the time. I kept thinking she was talking to me. But she never responded when i said "pardon?". I thought i'd go crazy. What do you do to keep yourself sane at work?

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger ckjolly said...

is that the crazy lady that talks to herself? and is her condition any worse that ... oh ... say someone who thinks his/her finger is a pirate?!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.