Thursday, May 04, 2006

Simple Blessings


Though I am often anxious to skip town, today I was captivated by the beautiful city I live in. I sat in the shade of a magnolia tree at Forsyth Park, pretending to do my homework. I watch people of all types...tourists, natives, students, dog-walkers...and i listen to Irish music emanate from some corner of the park. My Lord, what beauty you have created! Now i must return to my studies....but alas, I cannot! The beauty of the Father's radiance consumes me! And I am part of all this splendor, now how can that be? I watch the trolley full of tourists glide by on Drayton Street-they all stare and point-and I am part of the tour I see, a piece of the scenery. But besides from being amused, I am pleased to be a part of the magnificence I see today, only one small part. I rejoice in my lot! How thankful I am for life. How blessed and content my soul is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.