Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Perspective

Sometimes life is a chore. I mean really. Three tests in one week. And a formal lab report. And I'm in the drama at church this weekend. Grr. And then I learn that the class I want to take this summer before my adventure to Greece was moved...to the dates that I'll be in Europe. So that made me aggravated. I'll have to take it next fall, and like i didn't have enough classes to take. I'd gotten myself all tied up in knots about all this and was complaining in the above manner to my friend and fellow pre-med, Steven.
"Carmen!" he said sternly, "What's you're problem, chick? Your at least two years ahead of everyone else. You could take TWO years off to go to greece if you want and still be right on track. Heck, I'm pushing 30 here, and you'll be, what 19 in a couple of weeks? That's crazy, okay, and I know you're crazy too, but please, chill out!"
People don't talk to me like that...but maybe they should...I was shocked for a second, but it really put life in perspective for me.
Maybe I should take two years off to just hang out in Europe....nah, i'll finish school first. Even if it means taking that extra class next fall.

3 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger ckjolly said...

you know you always have a place to stay in Germany

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, Carmen you are so great! See you Monday! Sarah

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger ckjolly said...

Searching for God Knows What

by Donald Miller

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.