Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Clumsy Chemist Strikes Again!!

Oh, my spots are much bigger...
I really was being very careful. We were using silver nitrate in chem lab today. I was so proud of myself, i hadn't spilled a drop of anything and my titration results were impeccable. Then wouldn't you know it...the student on the OPPOSITE end of the lab bench loses control of their silver nitrate solution. It went EVERYWHERE.
Does anyone know what Silver Nitrate does to pale white skin?I was so glad that I had on my goggles...and i was able to block my face from the spray with my hands...but the chemicals still got on my hands. Well, i didn't really notice at first, but the other two students exposed to the spray of chemicals had darker skin tones...African American and Hispanic, to be exact. No effect on them...i thought i was safe. Then they looked at my hands. We all laughed at the silly white girl with black-spotted hands! Dang, I am now a dalmatian. And i will be until this layer of skin falls of, which tends to take a while. And it got under my nails. That'll take a while to get back to normal. But it is rather funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.