Sunday, January 08, 2006

Favorite Quotes

I think one way to force myself to express myself more often is to elaborate on some of my favorite quotes. It is these words of men and women that I admire which evoke true passion in me, words of such clarity and strength which serve as my muse for a few moments.
"The veil between, though very dark, is very thin"
George MacDonald
The veil between. This can serve as a metaphor for many things. In the particular instance, I think MacDonald was speaking of life and death, earth and heaven. But since I'm not on my deathbed, these words take a more lively meaning for me. I am one person, I do many things, yet I strive to become more mature and do greater things than I have ever dreamed I could do. Though my struggle often seems unending, the growth process to take me from where I am to where I want to be is much less hard than it seems. I look back on my life only a few months ago and see how far the Lord has led me. Yes, though the future often seems so dark, the veil between me and my dreams is thinner than I realize. I think if I would take the time to look at my life closely, i would cease to see the veil at all and realize that I am here for a reason. I am living my great adventure, but only the first chapter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.