Thursday, October 27, 2005

Have you grown?

I feel like I'm twelve years old again. I'm running into things, hitting my head on low hanging objects that I thought I was small enough to go through, stubbing my toes, knocking things over, and basically getting bruised and making a fool of myself. I think the first person to notice was my co-worker, Skye: "Hey Carmen, have you grown lately? I mean, you were always tall but you just seem a little taller than usual..." then a guy friend from English class, "Hey, you've grown I think"...then I get home...and Dad says "I swear, you're as tall as me now"...then Nancy says "Why are you wearing heels today...wait, you're not... I think you've grown". Hey, I don't mind that much, but it brings to light other issues...
As I said my prayers last night..."Hey Carmen, have you grown lately?"
"Huh? well, yeah, you saw me knock over the acid in Chem Lab today..."
"No. You know what I mean. Have you GROWN lately?"

1 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger ckjolly said...

ah yes, i remember the shock after my last growth spurt. I went for days in a daze of disbelief. Thank goodness though our minds, hearts, and souls never stop growing with love for God. Goodness knows that I'm going through some "growing pains" right now. But God is good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.