Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Another midnight post for you to be proud of

The revelation occured to me only three weeks ago. I was downtown again, listening to a friend's band play at the Bean. I had brought some work with me, and I actually managed to finish some. As I put my books away, I began to listen more and observe my surroundings and all the interesting people that congregate at artsy coffee shops in the evening. A few tables in front of me sat a young couple...sitting rather close, but nothing innappropriate, very sweet, some would say. The man leaned forward and kissed his sweetheart's forehead, and she smiled with a slight blush. "Okay, that might have been rather sweet" I thought. "Lord, please allow me to....to..." but my thoughts stopped there! I was about to pray that one day I would have the same thing, the same romantic closeness that these two felt. But my heart and mind could not finish the prayer. I found myself not really desiring it at all...rather, i found myself completely content. All the loneliness I had felt recently was completely gone, the self-pity i had often felt at being young, lovely, and completely single turned instead to a mild form of pleasure. Before you judge and cry out that i need to be burned for heresy, do not yet condemn me for a heart of stone! I scarcely believe it myself! But it is true! I may still desire love, but is it wrong to say that right here, right now, i am content? That I ask for no more? That my cup runneth over? No, I think not! So free, but so very strange, methinks! Ah, I cannot help but smile. I know who I am and whose I am, and I am completely happy, with joy heretofore unknown. I believe I must revel in this! "Thank you God" I smiled, "You are all I need. This I have known. But now, for the first time, I can truly, honestly say that indeed, You are all I want!"

2 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger ckjolly said...

You have learned well, young grasshopper

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger ckjolly said...

carmen ... please come to my blog and set people straight that i am not driving all young women into the CONVENT!!! you know that i'm not ... why do others assume?!!

Argh!!

There was even a vote held today at lunch as to whether or not I would actually go to a banquet with a guy if one asked me.

I lost 3 to 1.

what the?!!

There is a difference between "being content" and "not wanting to date"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.