Wednesday, July 04, 2007

June has only 30 days

I have learned my lesson and learned it well. June does NOT have 31 days. Why do i say this? Because i knew i was leaving for Madrid on July 1. I just thought i had one more day to run around Germany, see Frankfurt, and prepare to leave. Nope. I was wrong. I think it was the clerk at the hotel that tipped me off. He said something about me putting the wrong date on the paperwork. "What? Today is July 1st?" And I realized that it was 1130 in the morning. My flight left 4 hours ago. Oh crap.
Run to the airport....buy another ticket...have to say bye to Mark so suddenly...have to sit alone in the airport for 5 hours...have to wait through delays because of rain...have to take a taxi...have to fight the ladies at the dorm to let me have my room (in spanish, of course)....have to wake up 5 hours later... and have no friends here.... ACK!
But it's okay. It really is. I found friends here who will make my life much more enjoyable. I have classes to keep me (too) busy. I have a whole city to explore....for a month.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! What a bummer!
It's quite humorous, though. At least is retrospect....

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction: "in retrospect" Not "is"
Teehee.

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nope.. sorry nancy, it's not funny.. it's still sad :(

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Georgia & Tallulah said...

OK..it's funny & sad! Any plans yet for July 32nd?

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thirty days have september april june &november////all the rest have thirty one....except feb which has 28 on a normal year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.