Monday, October 09, 2006


Alright, so i have returned safely from Boston. It was incredible! The cadavers, the food, the friends i met...all amazing. The hostel i stayed at was a ton of fun. My roommate was from Holland, I met a Welsh guy named Tim and a girl from London named Rebekah. And Luis and Raphael from Mexico (yay for spanish-speaking skills!) Ever heard of a hostel missionary? Well, i think i could become one. To travel the world, stay in cheap hostels, meet people, talk to them, learn about them, their lives, their needs, and share mine with them, too, and hopefully be an encouragement to them to seek their meaning in life in Christ. Yeah, that sounds amazing. I'd have to think of some strategies for evangelism in such circles. Any of you theology/ chrisitan college people got any suggestions?
Oh, and pictures are soon to follow. And episode 2 of "i'm outta here"!

7 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger ckjolly said...

When I was in Prague last summer, two of my girlfriends from the TEFL course randomly ran into a group of their friends from Wheaton who were on a mission trip. They were backpacking through Europe and ministering to people along the way. You'd love it!

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fully agree on how fun that could be!

Strategies for evangelism:
1) meet ppl
2) hear their commitments/heartfelt stories/needs
3) share yours (& how jesus is apart)
4) love 'em love 'em love 'em!
ok, so maybe I simplified it a bit.. but I had a full-blown conversation about this on a 6hr car ride friday!

& had I been smart enough to remember my camera, I'd be throwin up pix of my own weekend, but alas.. it stayed hidden under my chair in my room!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

Tisk, tisk Mark! next time, eh? But great suggestions. Simple, but biblical. I like it.

Oh, and i told my dad that both John Lennon and JFK once stayed at that place in Boston. he said,
"interesting. seeing as how they were both SHOT like dogs in the STREET!"
Wow. okay. nevermind, pop.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that would make your dad a conservative republican, eh?
Definately envious of your trip.. I have a college friend out in Waltham I haven't seen in a year.

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah.. one more-- which method of 'skirting around the truth' did ya choose to inflict upon your folks?

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

Ha! Yeah, well, i said, "i'm going to boston this weekend" and upon their asking for details, i simply said, "it's all planned out." Then from time to time i'd drop a piece of truth...such as "oh, by the way, christine's not coming." then 2 days later, "oh, and i'm not going to be with shiloh the whole time" then the next day "and i'm gonna ride the subway"...and once i got home safely, "oh, and i stayed in a hostel". All the while reminding them that i've done this before in foreign countries and it's no problem. The only reprimand? "please make friends or get married to someone who wants go with you..soon...!" Ha!

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! The LAST thing my parents would say would be 'get married!'.. but that's another story altogether.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.