Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The best way to tell them...

Okay, so I have to tell my parents something that will make them flip out.
No, I'm not failing a class.
No, i'm not moving out.
No, i'm not getting a boyfriend.

I'm going to Boston by myself...to meet someone i've never met in person. For those who know my folks, this could be a sticky issue.
How best to tell them?

Scenario 1:
"Yeah, guys, i'm going to Boston. Of course Christine will be there. We'll just meet up with one of her friends."
Pros: they won't fuss.
Cons: I have to come back and tell them i lied.

Scenario 2:
"Yeah, i'm going to Boston. Um, well, you know how christine was supposed to come with me? Well, she couldn't exactly get a ticket, you know, she had to get one to Australia instead, and she's real busy. Yeah, i'm going to meet her friend up there. No, she's never met this friend in person..."
Pros: Well, i'm not lying.
Cons: They'll fuss. A LOT.
Scenario 3:
"Bye guys! See you Sunday!"
Pros: Short, sweet, and to the point.
Cons: I'll have to run out the house really fast to avoid interrogation.

I'm favoring #3 at the moment. Help!

9 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my traveling friend! So you know which one I would go with. =) Just flat out tell them and you might be surprised to what they have to say (or maybe not, but hey). Hum...now when are you going again? Let me know what you decide which scenario you choose! Wait...won't your dad see all the scenarios? =D I hope you're having a great week! ~Sarah

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger sajini said...

I told my parents a day before I left for Paris!! I figured this way I only had to go through a day of yelling!!

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i think i've got the best gig.. been out of the house since college & now I call 'em up & say, "guess where I am?" They never know anymore.. they've given up keeping track of me :)

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

Yeah, i think my dad may be okay, the other day i mentioned going out to lunch with my roommate from mexico... he said "oh, when are you going to mexico?"
So maybe i'll just tell him and let him tell mom...
and mark, i'm a bit jealous. But that'll be me one day...

 
At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so when is this little jaunt up the east coast? is this opportunity for episode 2 of your travels?

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

wow, paris. i'm certainly not going that far!

I'll leave next friday at noon...i'll have to admit, i'm quite excited. Most of you will think this really nasty, but an exhibit of cadavers is at the boston museum of science right now...i think that's amazing!

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nasty=agreed.

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger mike said...

You should try telling your parents about Christine and I...

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger ckjolly said...

lol! It was Carmen's mom, Mike, that suggested that there may not be enough women in Australia that you had to find yourself one overseas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.