Friday, September 22, 2006

Life and a friend's advice


I haven't had a lot of spare thinking time lately, so not a lot of blogging time. It's been a long, busy week, and there's plenty of work to be done this weekend. It gets a bit discouraging after a while, continually working, trying so hard to do better, to do my best, cram all this information in my head...trying to get through the required courses that i don't necessarily enjoy, and trying to really understand those that i do like, and in the midst of all that still carve out time for me...to read, to philosophize, and write. It makes one weary after a while, and this is about the time in the semester when everything hits all at once. But I must continue. I know I am supposed to be here, and the struggles will keep coming, and I will still on occasion be very distraught and stressed from all of them! Some of the best advice i have gotten in dealing with life, school and all it's circumstances, came from my friend Ashley... "just claim a verse! Hold onto it through all you face." So i heeded that advice...2 Corinthians 12:10. "For Christ's sake then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." and this one: 1 Corinthians 15:58, "Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

4 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how many classes you taking anyways? Do I detect an over-acheiver?? :)

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger ckjolly said...

nope ... NOT this semester ... woo hoot! My girl, Carmen, is taking 14 creds and is SUPPOSED to do something fun once a week (that's her homework assignment from Prof. Hnat).

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

Does it take one to know one, Mark? ;)
And i do have fun. The good parts of mi vida are more common than the stressful ones...at least i try to make it that way, now!

 
At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"take one to know one"? hmm.. potentially. But i'm only taking 2 classes!! ...AND sitting in on german class, and trying to work 30 hours, & this week & next- being office manager (from 200 miles away) for my boss who's in india.. but that's not overacheiving..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.