Saturday, July 25, 2009

Veg diaries day 1

Recently I've considered becoming vegetarian. One, because I want to eat more healthily. Two, because I eat too much. I eat like 3 times more a day than people in the rest of the world. That can't be good over the course of a lifetime. Third, because my jeans are getting tight. No good. Four- meat just isn't that appealing to me. Five- meat gets expensive. So I think my goal will be to eat a more moderate, mostly vegetarian diet. Now I love food. This is going to be tough. In fact I'm planning on eating steak for dinner. But since I already bought it I don't want to be wasteful. I'll just let my husband eat most of it!
Day 1: Bagel and milk for breakfast. Gotta get that protein in there.
Peach for lunch. Yes one huge peach from the new grocery store downtown.
Slice of Veggie pizza for dinner.
see, that wasn't so bad.

I think this whole veg thing comes from my recent frustration with just how wasteful I can be. I've got too much stuff. All those clothes I never wear, all that food I buy too much of and never eat, all this junk cluttering my desk and I'm not sure why or how it got there.
So, here's to a starting a more moderate, less cluttered lifestlye.
Now to eat plantains for lunch and clean out my closet.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.