Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Upon a new day

Thank goodness the elections are over. Too much tension on both sides for me to handle it much longer. And i think we'll be alright.
The worst part though (which may kill me yet...) is seeing all the negative and misled reactions on facebook. There is so much i could say. i'll explain a little. My hometown and church are quite conservative, and that's okay. I myself am more moderate politically, i suppose. Now, what i hear and see from some of my friends from similar or same background is "he's going to kill us all, what a horrible decision how could you idiots elect Obama?" Or make silly comments about his policies. But they haven't read it, which they'll admit to ("No i haven't read it but it's wrong, i don't need to read that stuff..."). You know i really can't put up with ignorance and i make a point of being informed, so that's quite a pet peeve of mine if nothing else.
Whatever. That's background in case you aren't coming from the same place as me. Now, i remember hearing something from preachers back home... you support and pray for the president, even when he doesn't make the best decisions. God appoints the rulers and authorities, and there is a plan and a reason. He is sovereign and this is not a mistake. Now I heard this said while applied to President GW Bush, and I see no reason why it does not apply to our next president. He is not a savior but he's not the devil either. Really.
That's my rant and i'll put my nose back in the anatomy textbook now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.