Thursday, December 24, 2009

For Christmas

Mary said, "My soul exalts the Lord,47and my spirit has begun to rejoice in God my Savior,48for he has looked upon the humble state of his servant. For from now on all generations will call me blessed,49for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name;50from generation to generation he is merciful to those who fear him.51He has demonstrated power with his arm; he has scattered those whose pride wells up from the sheer arrogance of their hearts.52He has brought down the mighty from their thrones, and has lifted up those of lowly position;53he has filled the hungry with good things, and has sent the rich away empty.54He has helped his servant Israel, remembering his mercy,55as he promised to our ancestors, to Abraham and to his descendants forever."
From Luke Ch. 1.
Also another good/thought-provoking christmas read found here

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"When I feed the hungry, they call me a hero; when I ask why the people are hungry, they call me a Communist" Câmara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.