Monday, January 08, 2007

My Favorite Hymn


My favorite hymn is a rather old one, and to me it speaks of Christ being our all. I love to sing it, especially in times when i'm simply confused, and don't know the answers. I also like to sing it when he has richly blessed me, just to remind myself that he is all. Here it is:
Be Thou My Vision
Be Thou my vision, Oh Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me save that Thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping thy prescence my light

Riches I heed not nor man's empty praise
Thou my inheritance now and always
Thou and thou only first in my heart
High King of heaven, my treasure Thou art

Be Thou my vision and Thou my true word
I ever with Thee and Thou with me Lord
Thou my great Father and I Thy true son
Thou in me dwelling and I with Thee one

High King of heaven my victory won
May I reach heaven's joys, bright heaven's Sun
Heart of my own heart whatever befall
Still be my vision oh ruler of all

One of the speakers at Passion this past week made me think of this song. He mentioned that most of us really don't want to know God's plan for our lives. It would probably freak us out... we'd be worried that He'd call us to go live in a mud hut in Africa, speak to someone that we really would rather not notice, or be broken more than we want to risk. We'd rather look to our plan for our lives, our family's plan for our lives, or our boss's plan for our lives. But the vision of humans is so limited, and though it may fulfill us for awhile, I for one do not want to come to the end of my days and realize that I missed it. That God would have done amazing things if i had not been so stubborn and relied on the vision of man. So with that, i pray with all my heart, "Be THOU my vision".

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carmen!

I love that song! =D I hope you're doing well! How are you surviving the first week of classes so far? I'm still here, but feeling rather overwhelmed already (oh, no!). But I'm going to take a break tomorrow and work on some photography. =)

See you soon!

~Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.