Sunday, December 17, 2006

100th post!

This is my 100th post... 'tis a milestone for me. So i surmise that i should write on something worthy of such an occasion.
Maybe not. Brain's blank..
But what have i been up to now that school's out? Well, catching up on sleep for one thing. Studying for the MCAT for another. And daydreaming. It's been awhile since i've done that, allowed myself to be spirited away by thoughts, just laying out in the grass, thinking, imagining, dreaming. It's very refreshing. We all need times like that every now and agian... and these next few weeks should do it for me. A chance to do what i want (well, and even some things i really don't want to do). I've been so overwhelmed with my academics that it's been difficult to slow down, to really care about things that matter. Not that academic excellence doesn't matter, of course it does. But there really is more to life. There's bike riding 8 miles at the beach with my dad on a Tuesday afternoon. There's chilling with my bro and his girlfriend home from university.
There's taking Christmas pics of my family... and getting candid shots when they're least expecting it...
There's going to church in jeans with my best friend and being looked at like we're rebels. There's reading Jane Austen outside on an autumn day. There's chatting with folks far away into the late hours of the night. There's time to just stop by a friend's workplace to say, "how are you?". There's time to drink a cup of tea. Time to enjoy it all.
Why did i not MAKE time for all this earlier?
Take a deep breath. Take the time. And keep me accountable and remind me of this once i get all stressed out again.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger Chris said...

you know, you SAY that your brain's blank for something worthy to write, but it's really not ...

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so ya had me curious to see how many blogs i've posted.. i'm ALREADY over 100!! ha! but my blog-posting-rate is not exactly accelerating lately.. when I'm away from work.. maybe??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.