Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dreams make life...

So, i have more or less recovered from finals and become my usual self. As i was driving through town today, i noticed a sign outside a business: "Dreams make life tolerable." WHAT!? This was supposed to be a good day? Man, how discouraging. A life that is merely tolerable... i don't know if i could deal with that, day in, day out. Each day. Tolerable.

I can just imagine:
Bob: "Hey Jim, how are you doing today?"
Jim: "Well, ya know, i'm tolerating."
Bob: "Yeah, me too, these dreams of mine make it tolerable. See you tomorrow."

But as cynical as i am towards this, perhaps there is a bit of truth. Yeah, maybe dreams make life "tolerable". But (as someone mentioned the other day)...Christ said... "I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly" (John 10:10). I am so blessed to know Him, and the mercy and grace he gives in my life make it so much more than tolerable, even when it really stinks sometimes. It is an abundant life, walking with Him, knowing Him, living out His will for my life. With Christ, i can smile. Even when it's raining. Even when i fail. Even when i have no dreams left. HE gives me life. Life more abundantly.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Jonny said...

Is that picture the guy you are dreaming of?

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

Ha, no, that's not the one, he's just got nice teeth/ smile, dontcha think?
but maybe i should change the pic...

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Jonny said...

He sort of looks like me. Except I never smile, and I'm not sure about the teeth.

Sorry to hijack your blog, but I expected more readers would comment.

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I open your blog I always see the pictures first and when I saw this one I was really confused. He looks happy, but a creepy kind of happy.... Anyhow!
I agree with you, life would be rather dull and boring if it were just tolerable.

Would you like to come see Eragon tomorrow?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

As Jill, you are confident, respectful, and a little bit bossy! You have an acquired taste for adventure, and love any challenge that you have to face.